Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We currently have three schools in South Africa and one school in Nairobi. We are also launching a girls secondary school in Nairobi in 2017.
About The Role
- Collection & reconciliation of school fees
- Scholarship students’ revenue and expense management
- Extra-curricular activity fee management
- Debt management and developing alternative payment plans with banks for parents
- Developing systems and reporting for school fees collection
- Communication to parents on any finance changes e.g. bank details
- Assist with the new business process and working with Finance and Business Managers.
- Cash reconciliations, payment date accounting, monthly reporting and report production, daily modeling, analysis and reporting and financial Analysis.
- Responsible for the day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned by Manager
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the organization’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Describe an insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to management to drive business results.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
- Support the Manager by being the first point of contact for issues and questions.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seek solutions.
- Should have Bachelor’s Degree and professional qualifications in CPA, CFA, ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a large audit, insurance or accounting environment
- Experience in leading implementation of highly effective controls and processes.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures including an understanding of IFRS and their application in the preparation of financial statements
- Ability to effectively interpret financial information
- Good presentation and communication skills including the ability to write proper reports
- Proficiency in common computer applications
- Great Interpersonal, cross-cultural skills and a demonstrated good attitude towards work and willingness to continuously learn
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity and work well in a team
- Strong organization and analytical skills as well as keenness to details
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Academies excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Academies Kenya career website on novaacademies.applytojob.com to apply