Vacancy: Financial Controller – Regional Office for Africa
WWF Regional Office for Africa (ROA) is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and competent Financial Controller to spearhead the attainment of the above objectives.
WWF ROA has offices in Cameroun, CAR, DRC, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The role reports to the Finance Manager – AfricaThe financial controller will ensure Country Offices have efficient operating systems, strong internal accounting and finance operations that comply with WWF standards and donor obligations.
Supports implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for all financial support services in the Country Offices, including accounting, financial reporting, administration, auditing, internal controls and adherence to guidelines and standards developed by WWF.
Location: This role will be based in any of the above ROA offices with travel to other ROA offices.
- Ensures the adequacy of financial reports, systems, procedures and internal controls in all programme locations; oversees the financial consolidation of all reporting into the Regional Office for Africa;
- Ensures that all countries properly prepare, administer and control their donor contracts, consultancy contracts / agreements and sub-grants and monitor and fulfil their contractual obligations including reporting to donors;
- Ensures that external and internal audits, including internal audits carried out by the Regional Office for Africa, are properly organised, there is timely follow-up of implementation of audit recommendations.;
- Ensures that all countries operate in strict application of laws and regulations in force, and that policies and procedures are adapted, where necessary, to reflect these laws and regulations; including adherence to WWF Policies and Procedures as set out in the appropriate manuals,.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Management, at least ten years’ experience in these areas; Full accounting qualification, i.e. CPA, ACCA or equivalent;
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
- A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with, accounting software’s;
- Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues as well audit experience would be an advantage
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Decisive, proactive and collaborative;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a cover letter and CV to Manager, People & Organisation Development clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: [email protected] for applications: 15th August 2015 Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.WWF is an equal opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.