Our client, a leading online travel company in Africa is urgently seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team.
Responsibilities for the Financial Controller Job
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuance, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals.
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
Financial Controller Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of progressively
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘[email protected]’ indicating the job tittle “FINANCIAL CONTROLLER” on the subject line by 8th December 2016. Kindly indicate your preferred location.