A leading financial institution in Kenya wishes to strengthen its team through the recruitment of a highly competent individual to fill the following position:
The sought after individual will have an excellent work ethic, be result oriented and team player.
Head of Audit and Risk
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board Audit Committee, and the Chief Executive Officer for day to day administration, the Head of Audit and Risk is responsible for providing independent and objective reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk, and internal control framework throughout the organisation.
Key deliverables of the job include:
- The development of the organisation’s Audit, Risk and Assurance policies and procedures.
- Leading, managing and developing an effective audit and risk team.
- Informing and advising management of issues that have risk or control implications.
- Planning and scoping audit assignments effectively, allocating audit resources, defining deadlines and ensuring a comprehensive and appropriate terms of reference is set for each review.
- Managing and undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines.
- Identifying key risks to business objectives, evaluating and testing controls in place and identifying areas of improvement.
- Discussing audit findings, emerging risks and actions to address identified risks with the Senior Management Team.
- Producing audit reports to meet the required standard for reporting to the Audit Committee.
- A first degree preferably in Accounting or Finance, with a relevant post graduate qualification e.g. CPA (K), ACCA or related field.
- A recognised qualification in Internal Auditing e.g. CIIA
- Previous relevant work experience required
- At least 8 years working experience of which at least three should be in a management position.
- Membership to Professional Body
- Member of IIA
- Member of lCPAK
How to Apply
Applications for the above vacancy should be received on or before Saturday 15th August 2015 through the following address:
P.O. Box 49010 -00100 GPO
Any canvassing will lead to disqualification
Each application should bear the Job Reference No. on the Envelope
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted