A leading financial institution in Kenya wishes to strengthen its team through the recruitment of a highly competent individual to fill the following position:
The sought after individual will have an excellent work ethic, be result oriented and team player.
Reporting to the Legal Officer & Company Secretary to provide advice on legal, regulatory and corporate matters.
The Legal Officer is responsible for analysing all the legal risks involved in all Organization’s operations and advice on appropriate course of action.
Key deliverables of the job include:
- Give advice on Constitutional and National law.
- Review all legal cases and advise the Legal Officer and Company Secretary accordingly.
- Draw up legal documents for approval by the Legal Officer and Company Secretary.
- Ensure proper execution of contracts by authorized signatories to avoid breach of contract.
- Draft and monitor the employees’ adherence to the code of conduct, giving advice to the Head of HR and Administration when employees breach the Code of Conduct.
- Research legal information on behalf of the Legal Officer and Company Secretary.
- Participate in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) meetings to ensure that all the legal aspects of the Employment Act are adhered to.
- Attend court cases for the Organization as and when required.
- Ensure timely responses to the External Auditors Management Letter and any regulatory enquiries.
- A degree in Law (Bachelor of Laws)
- A post graduate diploma in legal practice
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Legal practitioner
How to Apply
Applications for the above vacancy should be received on or before Saturday 15th August 2015 through the following address:
P.O. Box 49010 -00100 GPO
Any canvassing will lead to disqualification
Each application should bear the Job Reference No. on the Envelope
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted