DKT is a rapidly growing social enterprise that operates much like a small pharma/OTC company.
We are excited about our impact on the Kenyan market. DKT is seeking an analytical finance professional who has the skills and experience to lead its financial planning and sales analysis.
We’ve got BIG plans for our business and we want someone who is, above all things, able to think critically, develop insights, create strategies and action plans, and get things done… executing flawlessly, without exception.
Key words: finance, planning, analysis, forecast, budget, monitoring, variance analysis, P&L updates, actual vs. forecast, cash flow, financial management
Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Prepares P&Ls, cash flows, forecasts, monthly financial management reports and other financial planning models as and when necessary.
- Updates actuals vs. forecasts, variance reports, and assists with reporting to headquarters as and when necessary.
- Maintain the bookkeeping.
- Analysis of various financial and commercial operations.
- Provide financial analysis and support to operating managers on strategic planning, budgeting and operations planning, performance monitoring and variance analysis.
- Understand and interprets P&L as well as balance sheets, identifies and implements appropriate control and measurement mechanism to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial data.
- Develop and maintain management dashboards that deliver insightful and relevant data to sales, marketing and finance operations.
- Supports the sales administration department, ensuring expense reports are processed and paid out accurately and in a timely manner.
Qualifications for the Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant Job
- Ability to plan develop, implement, analyse, interpret, and administer various financial information and control systems.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Be accountable and able to take action that goes beyond job requirements to achieve objectives of the business and can implement new ideas or solutions without prompting.
- Very organized with good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance demands of a variety of customers with potentially conflicting goals to meet deadlines and workload requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and collaborate with other team members in order to foster a positive, high-integrity, success-driven team spirit and entrepreneurial culture within the company.
- Excellent knowledge of how to operate financial software packages – Tally, Crystal, SAP, Quickbooks.
- Excellent and efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word and familiarity with Access or other database software.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills and uses correct English financial terminology.
- Undergraduate B. Comm- Finance, CFA or Chartered Accountant a bonus.
- 2-5 years working experience with examples of increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Any experience in a pharmaceutical company will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this exciting position, kindly and urgently email your one page Application Letter, together with your detailed CV (placed in one file, please) as an attachment in Word or pdf format to [email protected], clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your mail to enable automated email sorting.
Kindly also indicate details of your availability, current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts.
Original Certificates and copies of the same will be required for those interviewed. Deadline is 31 March 2017 or on identification of suitable candidate whichever comes earlier. “The Early Bird Catches the Worm”