First Community Bank: We are an ethical, participatory, commercial, Tier 3 bank with 18 branches spread throughout Kenya.
Our mission is to deliver innovative and ethical financial solutions, products, and customer centric services to our clientele.
Financing Administration Officer
The position holder will leverage on the bank’s brand, goodwill, infrastructure, existing business and potential, to undertake operations and business in strict regulatory compliance amidst a culture of ethical inclusivity to enhance stakeholder value.
S/He will have demonstrable creative and strategic leadership and contribute to the implementation of the Bank’s financing and retail strategies
- Critically analyze, review, vet and confirm that all proposal/facility requests are in line with Bank’s internal policies & procedures and financing criteria.
- Review loan supervision reports to ensure they comply with set standards.
- Ensuring that all conditions pertaining to disbursements are fulfilled prior to disbursement requests being processed.
- Ensure timely renewal of insurance policies, payment of land rents and rates, updates of valuation reports for properties charged as security for facilities extended by the bank.
- Effective monitoring of loan repayments and mitigating risks related to defaults.
- Periodically reviewing the loan portfolio to manage likely problem areas.
- Liaising with internal and external service providers.
- Prepare returns and reports for management and statutory reporting.
- Respond to legal and customer correspondence.
- Realization of securities.
- Review in depth all pertinent credit and financial information.
- Determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information; analyze information, statements and related materials.
- Proper follow up with timely correspondence on all overdue and other requirements with the Relationship Manager in coordination with CRMU.
- Handling and monitoring of all the assigned credit relationships, their risk assessment and its mitigation.
- Analyzing and monitoring product, service and tenor risk of customer exposure.
- Keeping approval authorities alerted to changes in the status of Risk with prompt financial reporting.
- Maintaining quality of the assigned credit portfolio with proper risk evaluation, proposition of timely corrective action to secure Bank’s interest.
- Ensure that credit proposals are complete, correct and consistent with Bank’s established policies/procedures and are within the Shari’a guidelines and compliance criteria of Central Bank.
- Preparation of required MIS for Central Bank reporting and other statistical/management purposes.
- Conduct Credit Training for new officers joining the bank.
- Conduct competitor analysis and research to ensure continued market competitiveness and relevance of the bank.
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by Head of Credit & Risk Management and other senior management of the bank
Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounts related, Administration or related field. Masters degree an added advantage.
- Diploma in Banking and/or Professional Banking/CPA (K) qualifications a plus.
- Have a minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience, 3 of which should be at manager level with proven result oriented track record.
- Have strong customer service orientation/experience.
- Experience in Business development and banking operations
Competencies & Attributes:
- A thorough understanding of the Bank’s financing policy and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage expectations of customers and other stake holders.
- Analytical skills, understanding and interpretation of facilities as structured and options available in the process of structuring plans for turning around non-performing loans.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Planning and organizing skills for effective planning and execution of tasks and deliverables within timeframes and budget.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for effective relationships with different stakeholders;
- Quality orientation to ensure consistency in adhering and uphold performance standards for Service Level.
- Agreements and quality of documentation.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
Remuneration: A package commensurate to the posts shall be discussed and agreed with the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send you CV only quoting the job Title on the email subject to [email protected] before 30th June 2017