First Community Bank: We are an ethical, participatory, commercial, Tier 3 bank with 18 branches spread throughout Kenya.
Our mission is to deliver innovative and ethical financial solutions, products, and customer centric services to our clientele.
Head of Operations
The position holder will leverage on the bank’s brand, goodwill, infrastructure, existing business and potential, to undertake operations and business in strict regulatory compliance amidst a culture of ethical inclusivity to enhance stakeholder value.
S/He will have demonstrable creative and strategic leadership and contribute to the implementation of the Bank’s financing and retail strategies
- Board Matters:
- Formulation & implementation of Operations Strategic Plan
- Board & Management Committees
- Provide leadership in overall banking operations strategies for the Bank
- Provide leadership, direction to the Operations Team including Trade Finance, Central Business Operations (clearing), Branch Operations Managers, ATM support teams.
- Design and co-ordinate the development, rollout and management of innovative Banking products within the Business.
- Follow through all Operations projects to ensure completion as per plan and within budget.
- Overall cash management and movement within the Bank.
- Branch support : Banking operations and guidance
- Timely and accurate Operations reports.
- Support business development by acquiring and maintaining business relations with customers and service providers.
- Staff management i.e. leadership, Leave, performance and disciplinary issues and coaching of Teams under Operations.
- Accountable for Operations Team’s compliance to regulations and to the Bank’s policies & procedures.
- Evaluate cost/benefits, identify appropriate alternatives and make recommendations on cost effective initiatives within the Operations Department and for the business.
Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, or finance related field. Masters degree an added advantage.
- Training on Card Management, professional Banking operations training e.g. AKIB, ACIB
- Have a minimum of Eight (8) years relevant work experience in a similar position with proven result oriented track record in preparation of management accounting reports, maintaining accurate accounting records and effective control of budgets.
- Experience in banking industry or a Financial institution.
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player, mature, reliable, hard working and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s products and services; CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Understand the Banking Act, Central Bank Regulations, prudential guidelines Understand and implement operations processes; understand and implement strict KYC procedures.
- Management ability: Responsibility and ability to grow, support and develop talent within the Operations
Remuneration: A package commensurate to the posts shall be discussed and agreed with the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send you CV only quoting the job Title on the email subject to HRhelpdes[email protected] before 30th June 2017