First Community Bank: We are an ethical, participatory, commercial, Tier 3 bank with 18 branches spread throughout Kenya.
Our mission is to deliver innovative and ethical financial solutions, products, and customer centric services to our clientele.
Head of Risk and Compliance
The position holder will leverage on the bank’s brand, goodwill, infrastructure, existing business and potential, to undertake operations and business in strict regulatory compliance amidst a culture of ethical inclusivity to enhance stakeholder value.
S/He will have demonstrable creative and strategic leadership and contribute to the implementation of the Bank’s financing and retail strategies
- Develop Risk & Compliance strategies, policies, procedures and standards for the bank, and monitor to ensure adherence;
- To coordinate with all departments of the bank to manage risks such as Strategic, Market, Credit, Operational, Regulatory and Reputational risks.
- To carry out periodic inspection of the internal policies procedures, processes and controls to determine their appropriateness, effectiveness and adequacy in risk mitigation.
- To assist with the evaluation and implementation of effective programmes aimed at securing compliance with internal and CBK regulations.
- To enforce policy guidelines and best practices including a risk-based model for routine Supervision of Bank’s practices.
- To report on the Bank’s performance against compliance parameters and adherence to prudential and market conduct bench marks. To present such reports to Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- To review incidents of non-compliance, fraudulent inclinations and failures to meet regulatory obligations and recommend appropriate legal and administrative sanctions.
- To conduct induction and periodic training on risk matters to new and serving staff to ensure risk awareness and appreciation.
- Coordinate Business Continuity Management activities
- Staff management i.e. Leave, performance and disciplinary issues and coaching of branch managers & Financing Team.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and the entire compliance team to ensure maximum effort is directed towards achieving the department’s objectives; carry out performance appraisals against agreed set targets while accurately assessing individual strengths, developmental needs and timely feedback.
- Well trained and informed staff on risk & compliance procedures
- Participate in recruitment of management staff.
- Accountable for Team’s compliance to regulations and to the Bank’s policies & procedures.
- Evaluate cost/benefits, identify appropriate alternatives and make recommendations on cost effective initiatives within the risk & compliance department as well as guide the business.
Professional Qualifications Requirements
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Business, or finance related field. Masters degree an added advantage.
- Basel II qualifications; Risk analysis training
- Have a minimum of Eight (8) years relevant work experience in a senior position with proven result oriented track record.
- Experience in banking industry (all-round banker) or from a financial institution
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills. A forward planner with clear focus, ardent team player, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s products and services; CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Understand the Banking Act, Central Bank Regulations, prudential guidelines & general laws relating to Banking
- Honest with impeccable integrity (high ethical standards).
- Management ability: Responsibility and ability to grow, support and develop talent within the risk and compliance team.
Remuneration: A package commensurate to the posts shall be discussed and agreed with the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send you CV only quoting the job Title on the email subject to [email protected] before 30th June 2017