Job Title: Flexi Cashier Overall Job Purpose: The role is part time, and the job holder will be required to assist clear backlog during peak period every month when there are high numbers of customer transactions in the branch
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers’ accounts.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers’ checks.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Process and maintain records of customer loans.
- Prepare and verify cashier’s checks
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
- Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering bank cards and checks.
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Process transactions such as term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
- Must be flexible to take up the Part Time Role
- Minimum O’level
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Banking Teller/Cashier
- Age – 40 yrs and above
How to Apply
Incase you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 31st March, 2016 [email protected]