Industry – FMCG
Roles for the Financial Accountant Job
- Maintain accounting controls by implementing and recommending policies and procedures
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial accounting and related systems. Set and enforce accounting policy, in addition to working with other departments to develop positions on best practices throughout the organization.
- Prepare financial management reports, including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise record-keeping and data processing.
- Collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts, and consolidated profit and loss reports.
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare and submit all tax and statutory returns and deductions
- Review and process expense reports.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers, manage and communicate with debtors and creditors.
- Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting data.
- Protect operations by keeping financial data confidential and operate systems to achieve the same
- Document financial transactions by posting accounting data, both present and past.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting data and options.
Financial Accountant Job Competencies
- Degree from a recognized university preferably a B.com in Finance/Accounting
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar position preferably in FMCG industry
- Must be a CPA (K)
- Applicants must be 35 years & below
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools and applications as well as ERPs
- Ability to conduct system and policy updates
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Financial Accountant) to [email protected] before Monday 7th August 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
4th floor, Mayfair Suites, Parklands Road, Westlands