Job Title: FMCG Marketing and Business Development Officer
Industry: FMCGOur client is a new entrant in the importation and distribution of various types of fast moving consumer goods.
They seek to hire marketing and Business Development Officer to drive sales, establish and maintain business relations with their Clients; build the brand and expand their market share.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; Developing marketing policies and strategies.
- Increase the company’s market share in the various products and categories establishing links with other businesses
- Manage the key accounts, distribution networks and introduce new channels
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities
- Establish and sustain relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals
- Develop databases of qualified leads through referrals, telephone conversing, face to face, cold calling on potential businesses, direct mail, email, and networking
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and forecasts to lay the plan of the marketing department.
- To undertake any another duties and responsibilities as may be prescribed by the management form to time Formulate marketing strategies and plans that meet the objectives of the Sacco’s business
- Monitor Team activities, working relationship and reinforce positive attributes which foster peace and harmony.
- Identify new markets and plans that meet the objectives of the company
- Carrying out market research and analysis of market trends, customer satisfaction and product development
- Generating marketing promotional tools for advertising purposes.
- Preparing market plans and forecasts
- Preparing monthly reports
- Coordinate all the marketing activities
- Coordinate the customer care function to ensure that customers are served in an exemplary manner
- Study implication of press and other information to the sustainability of the company and advise management accordingly
- Ensure that marketing activities are within budget.
- Work hand in hand with the management team in ensuring smooth operations of the company
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in sales & Marketing or a related field.
- At least 3 years experience in business development and marketing.
- Experience in leadership, must demonstrate capacity to build a team.
- Self-starter, assertive and interpersonally effective.
- Excellent communication skills
- Vibrant & Energetic
- Ability to engage effectively conduct community outreach and engage with small scale traders, business owners and other market segments
How to Apply
- If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Marketing and Business Development Officer) to [email protected] before Tuesday 5th April 2016.
- Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted