FMCG Warehouse & Distribution Manager Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: 200 – 280K
Our client is a leading distributor of trusted and quality FMCG brands in the market. They seek to hire a dynamic Warehouse & Distribution Manager with excellent organization, mobility and planning skills.
- Manage procurement order cycle and order of outsourcing
- Recruit and manage all supplier contracts and partnerships. Inclusive of contractual management, performance measurement & operational rules to facilitate sustainable
- Responsible of general local purchasing costs and subcontracting (sourcing, negotiations, contracts
- Manage group age of goods, plan transport, implement customs operation upstream and downstream
- Recruit, supervise and support Stores, Procurement and Logistics team.
- Plan work organization of employees, identify work schedules, manage attendance and leaves
- Manage flows of goods between storing and stockpiling areas
- Follow supplies programs and relationships with internal suppliers and customers
- Organize deliveries and provision of goods to customers in setback zone and when appropriate, delivery operation to customers
- Prepare procedures for optimizing costs, schedules, quality and control of phases of getting goods and services
- Optimize the logistical organization: identify equipment and materials needs (forklifts, material handling equipment, etc.) and plan the necessary investments in accordance with the management
- Ensure that installations and equipment’s are working properly; organize maintenance and reconditioning of damaged equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Review Monthly production schedules, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak and delivery timings.
- Maintenance of up to date Import documentation, periodic Customs and regulatory reconciliation (import for customs post clearance audits, use of materials that may come in duty free etc).
- Establish stock policies and periodically review the stock levels of raw materials to pro-actively look for solutions in case of deviations.
- Trade Licenses – keep an inventory of all required trade licenses and ensure same are up-to date
Knowledge and skills required
- A Business Degree with 3 years relevant experience. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of every factor in the logistic chain (suppliers, transporters, logistic platforms, local authorities…) and management of contractual relationships
- Ability to analyze and follow purchase and logistic KPI’s (stock rotation, etc.) and its evolution in order to optimize overall costs,
- Ability to balance the need for product availability versus the need to minimize costs of inventory to ensure optimum stocks of the right material in the right location
- Knowledge of ERP system used
- Excellent coordination skills
- Respect for deadlines and a sense of responsibility
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Warehouse & Distribution Manager) to [email protected] before Friday 15th April, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.