Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: Restaurant Manager.
Job Location: Based in Uganda.
Compensation: Competitive Compensation.
Position Summary: Assist in the organization, management and administration of all operational aspects for the Food and Beverage Outlets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Assist in scheduling reservations and parties or special events , Off the Record, and the Private dining room.
- Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Manage the Table system with the host staff, ensuring accuracy of all guest reservations and shift reservations.
- Assist Host staff with greeting and seating guests during peak times of operation.
- Organize all documentation for shift work on a daily basis including pre-shift reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, requisitions for beverage, food and sundries and manage labor on a daily basis
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of dining rooms and work areas; communicate issues of safety, cleanliness or malfunctions to appropriate departments; manage maintenance/safety issues to completion.
- Plan and conduct meetings on a monthly basis to ensure staff is correctly communicated with and that staff are consistently trained and well-motivated. Attend interdepartmental meetings to ensure good cross communication between departments.
- Assist in the development of marketing initiatives, menu items, and other items to stimulate growth in sales for each outlet and a variety of latest market developments.
- Be aware of and assist to control current budgeted and forecasted revenues, payroll, and product costs.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Report any issues or grievances.
- Assist in maintaining all software programming for food and beverage outlets.
Education, Skills & Experience requirement:
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management preferred or equivalent experience; Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
- Must have good working knowledge of the English language – ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Candidates should be willing to relocate to Uganda.
- They should also have a valid passport.
- Having a work permit to work in Uganda is an added advantage but not necessary.
How to Apply
Please note that only candidates submitting a complete CV/resume and cover letter will be considered. Candidates should apply at:
Starting date is as soon as possible and as such the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants are highly encouraged to apply ASAP.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.