FH / Kenya (Food for the Hungry, Kenya) a Christian Development and relief agency seeks to fill in the following vacant position at their Marsabit Office:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Field Accountant
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension
Duty station: Marsabit
Closing Date: 23rd September 2016
Mission Statement: Motivated by Christ’s love, this position plays a key role in promoting the wholistic ministry of Food for the Hungry (FH) through the framework of the organization’s vision, “God called and we responded until physical and spiritual hungers ended worldwide.”
In order to accomplish this vision, FH’s mission is to “walk with churches leaders and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.”
Position in the Organization: The Accounts Assistant reports hierarchically to the Field Accountant in Marsabit office.
Purpose of the Job: To provide support to the Field Accountant, ensuring that grants are well monitored and in compliance with Donors Regulations.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for preparing cheque payments on behalf of FH Kenya as and when required, ensuring compliance with FH Kenya polices.
- To maintain Marsabit Field Office Cheque books and make payments after proper checking by the Field Accountant and authorization by Program Manager
- To ensure that all Donors grant funded activities are fully backed up before filing and that the backup complies with the Finance regulations.
- To review the petty cash journal before the final approval by the field accountant
- To ensure financial transactions in Marsabit adhere to FH policies
- Receiving any other payment due to FH Kenya issue receipts and deposit such payments promptly.
- Issue authorized programme and staff advances promptly
- Keying in accounting data into Sunsystems, maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Carrying out the functions of the Field Accountant when absent
- Be alert for any fraud or forgery and report immediately any accounting anomaly to the Accounts Manager.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or FH Kenya management.
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Excellent inter personal relationship
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Proficiency in computer skills is a must
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
Education and Experience
- Must be a holder of ACCA or CPA part II and above or other relevant qualifications
- Form 4 certificate with minimum score of grade C KSCE qualification
- At least 2 years relevant experience and above
- Experience working in an NGO set up.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Proficiency in computer especially MS excel is a must
- Knowledge of sun system is an added advantage.
Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications indicating the expected salary, updated CV with three referees and day telephone contacts to: Human Resources Manager: email address [email protected] latest by 23 September 2016.
NB: only short listed candidates will be contacted.