Stewards Jobs in Kenya 2016 (14 Positions)
Salary Budget-Kshs. 11,000 Gross
Our client is a provider of superior services in the cleaning, gardening and related services in the cleaning industry in the country.
Since their inception, they have managed to establish a foot print in the market and consequently boast of a fairly varied client base.
They are customer oriented and their costs are fairly reasonable. They are currently operating from Nairobi but plans are at advanced stage to expand their services beyond Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties to the agreed standards and work schedules and maintaining a flexible, quality service to the standards and frequency within the cleaning specification.
Stewards Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the office.
- To vacuum, dust, polish furniture, fixtures and fittings (this may include light fittings, blinds etc.)
- Develop routines to ensure that the assigned areas maintained to high standards of cleanliness.
- Clean windows and walls as required
- Wash dishes in the kitchen
- Empty and wash out bins in designated areas.
- Tidy, dust and wash the office and storage areas.
- Vacuum the carpets.
- Prepare tea/coffee for the office staff
- To sweep, mop and floor polish designated areas
- Clean the staff toilets and washroom basins.
- Maintain and sweep the company compound
- To replenish towels, soap and toilet rolls as and when required
- Keep a check on the cleaning material and re-order via the supervisor.
- Track the office cleaning supplies
- Maintain stock of kitchen items and consumables
- To daily clean all sanitary appliances, fittings and areas
- To ensure the safe use of all equipment and safety precaution times at all times
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered
- Deliver documents among departments on request
- To report all faults to the supervisor
- To provide cover for colleagues as may be occasionally required
- To promote and comply with company policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Undertake any other duties assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
Minimum Requirements for the Stewards Job
- At least a form 4 KCSE Certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general office assistance
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to the team’s success through a positive attitude to work.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Quick in execution of tasks.
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages (both written and spoken).
People living in Thika and its environs are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 19th December 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted.