Forum Syd is a Swedish non-governmental member organization working with human and civil rights.
We have an innovative capacity building Programme under the Sida Civsam funding whose broad aim is to contribute to a stronger civil society capacity within key areas of finance and administration, project monitoring and evaluation, and Human Rights Based Approaches (HRBA).
With a successful pilot having been conducted, Forum Syd is now recruiting an eLearning Content Developer, Trainer and Research Officer
The eLearning officer will work as part of the Forum Syd global Learning team to design, develop, research and implement interactive eLearning modules and documentation for use in interactive multimedia instruction, to educate individuals across the organization, and Forum Syd’s partners.
Forum Syd is a Swedish non-governmental member organization. We work with people and people’s rights. Forum Syd believes that only when people’s rights are being recognized sustainable and long-term development can take place.
Forum Syd has Country Offices in Kenya, Somalia, Belarus, Cambodia and Colombia and the Head Office is based in Sweden.
Forum Syd has established an innovative capacity building approach under the Sida Civsam funding which is under implementation between 2014 – 2016.
The new approach which is closely coordinated from the Forum Syd office in Nairobi aims at capacity building the Swedish organizations and their local civil society partners receiving grants through Forum Syd Project Support department.
The department has a well-established learning management system which host various courses administered both asynchronous and synchronous to meet the needs of the target group.
The broad aim of the capacity building is to contribute to a stronger civil society capacity with in key areas of finance and administration, project monitoring and evaluation, and Human Rights Based Approaches (HRBA).
With a successful pilot having been conducted, Forum Syd is now entering the roll-out phase of the e-courses and seeks to recruit an eLearning Content Developer, Trainer and Research Officer to support this process.
The eLearning officer will work as part of the Forum Syd global Learning team to design, develop, research and implement engaging interactive eLearning modules and documentation for use in interactive multimedia instruction, to educate individuals across the organization, and Forum Syds partners.
The eLearning officer works in close cooperation with the global senior administrator.
E-learning courses are based within the Forum Syd “Theory of Change model including demands from internal and external audiences.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Modify existing training content to reflect updates and the required quality as approved by the steering team
- Investigate and propose methods used by Forum Syd globally, other like-minded organizations including frame organisations that can be developed as eLearning courses
- Investigate, initiate and implement creative partnerships with like-minded organisations
- Develop eLearning courses with help of internal or external reference groups. Ongoing and past programs run into Forum Syd shall be included
- Ensure that courses are adapted to Forum Syd profile areas: conduct research from the field (including best practice from Forum Syd Country Offices and programs) to be used in the courses (may include travel outside Kenya)
- Create facilitator guides, work books, handouts, or other print materials in coordination with the global senior administrator
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Arts, social sciences, Computer applications, Web Applications or Graphic Designs.
- Facilitation, presentation and strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong working ethic and ability to work independently to task completion –
- Strong communication and liaison skills to work effectively
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an NGO programme development and management role, including capacity building, trainings
- High levels of digital literacy across the range of common applications (MS Office, and an appropriate range of online and learning management systems-LMS
- Proven knowledge and understanding of e-learning capacity building
- Competence with the gathering and analysis of data including selection of appropriate evaluation tools – Experience in planning and organizing
- Be willing to work as a member of a team – local and global
- Have the capacity to work towards the achievement of shared goals
- A certification or training in learning design and implementation
- Experience of delivering capacity building training or one to one tutoring
- Experience of using software to support learning (e.g. using discussion forums, Skype, webinar, emails, e-workshops.)
- knowledge of e-Learning within the development context, with experience in e-learning and multi-media environments for adult learners
- Experience of the strategic planning process in NGOs, including risk assessment and building a capacity building strategy/plan
- Experience in networking and building partnerships.
- The ability to write clearly using plain, conversational English and to explain complex concepts in plain language.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and use web based learning software (involving multi-tasking).
- Commitment to building the capacity of CSOs finance, non-finance staff and Board members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively as a member of a team, separated by geographical distance
- Knowledge of other working language e.g. Kiswahili, French, Arabic is desirable.
Forum Syd is an equal opportunity employer.
They encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Email your application and detailed CV with at least two referees to [email protected] before 7th March 2016.
Please also disclose your current and expected gross monthly salary.