Department Kenya Country Team:Afya Timiza Project
Reporting to:FP/RMNCAH Advisor
Liaison with:Project team members, consortium partners, headquarters staff, consultants
Type of contract:Fixed term
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of
women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Main purpose of job
The FP/RMNCAH Officers will be based at the sub-county level and provide hands on support and technical assistance to the SCHMT to strengthen the quality and utilisation of reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health services.
Key Responsibilities for the FP/RMNCAH Officers Job
- Quality improvement along FP/RMNCAH continuum of care
- Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response (MPDSR)
- Respectful maternity care
- High impact and locally appropriate interventions, such as KMC, birthing cushions, youth friendly services, post-abortion care
- Treatment and management of STIs including HIV (eMTCT)
- Integrated management of childhood illnesses (IMCI)
- Improved inter-facility referral
- Improved blood availability
- Family planning service delivery including long-term methods (through static clinics and outreach)
- Nutrition and WASH
- Work with hard-to-reach or marginalised communities
- Promote the development of health workers and management staff capacity in the above areas through a broad range of approaches such as curriculum development and training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision, etc.
- Note: this job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
FP/RMNCAH Officers Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in the health sciences and related RMNCAH clinical experience
- At least three years demonstrated clinical and or health management experience in FP/RMNCAH service delivery
- Experience working with government or donor funded programs will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, forprofit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level, preferably including demonstrated experience in building service delivery quality and utilization.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Professional-level proficiency in oral and written fluency in English and Swahili
- Knowledge of the local language and customs is highly desired.
- Practical knowledge of the Turkana / Samburu context an added advantage
- Experience working with adolescent reproductive health
- Demonstrable experience working with ‘hard to reach’/marginalised groups;commitment to equity
How to Apply
Those candidates who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply by sending their applications to [email protected] by October 31, 2016