Our client is a medium sized logistics company based in Nairobi with operations across East Africa. They seek to hire a Business Development Manager whose role is to develop and procure new business from both new and existing customers.
He or She will also ensure that the company retains and continues to grow its share of business from regular clients.
Salary: 250 – 300 K
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Delivering new and repeat business and cross-selling all product lines to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Establish and manage a sales team, set, agree and manage performance against agreed revenue and margin budgets.
- Establish sales policies, procedures, selling and reporting guidelines to support the sales team in achieving the objectives set, in growing our market share and in increasing revenues.
- Manage the sales cycle from the contacts stage to the post-closing stage for all sales; ensures all customer requirements are well understood and efficiently responded.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports, data, research and market intelligence to the directors, highlighting business performance, competitive landscape and recommendations.
- Review and track progress against revenue and targets; analyze sales/ revenue reports; recommend and propose changes to existing plans and operating budgets; implement approved changes.
- Maintain excellent client relationships, ensuring that the company grows its share of business from regular clients.
- Work closely with other internal departments and stakeholders through regular meetings to ensure client/ contractual needs and expectations are communicated and met.
- Work with Finance to ensure all payments are collected within the agreed timelines as per the credit terms of the customer.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales& Marketing/supply chain solutions or equivalent relevant field
- 6 years’ experience within the logistics/freight forwarding space with at least 5 in sales and business development.
- Proven track record in sales of logistics/freight forwarding services, with international exposure
- Capable of working independently and managing a diverse client base and maintaining relationships
- Have a detailed understanding of the local market trends and demands.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Manager – Freight Forwarding & Logistics) to [email protected] before Monday 4th September 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.