Freight Operations Manager Job at Lafayette Resources, Kenya
We have an exciting opportunity for a Freight Operations Manager to work for one of the fastest growing freight forwarding companies in East Africa.
Our client is a leader in global transportation and logistics. They have a solid footprint across Africa, UAE, Europe and Asia, providing a comprehensive range of innovative transport solutions which include Air and Sea Freight, perishable logistics as well as consolidation and road transport. They are the leading air freight forwarder in the region and enjoy a reputation for providing their customers with on-time delivery for their inbound and outbound shipments.
Freight Operations Manager Job Responsibilities
- The Freight Operations Manager will be in charge of the full range of freight Operations in Kenya.
- The jobholder is responsible for the smooth running and improving the operations in order to achieve a Best-in-Class Logistics Facility.
- This will include manpower and resource planning, technology utilisation, and ensuring the operating system works as required, improving effectiveness and efficiency of the operations.
- You will drive profitable growth through identification and seizure of new business opportunities and closing sales. You will also manage existing accounts, generating new opportunities with these clients to expand their business potential.
- You will deal with decision makers and influencers in different industries, that will require you to demonstrate exceptional maturity, self-confidence, knowledge and ability to handle a wide portfolio of both Air and Sea Freight Solutions & Services.
- You will deal with KRA and customs to ensure compliance in clearance and movement of freight, both inbound and outbound.
Candidate profile for Freight Operations Manager Job
- The ideal candidate should come from a background of air and sea freight operations, should have held a similar role or a management position with no less that 3-4 years experience.
- Minimum 1st degree in a business related field or other relevant area, from a recognized university
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage and motivate staff.
- Strong team leadership and general management ability
- Analytical, self-motivated, result oriented and able to manage and perform under extreme pressure.
- Solid user Knowledge of the Customs (Simba) clearance system
- First class knowledge of third party logistics practices
- Customer focus
- Able to influence at high level.
How to Apply
- If you believe you are the most suitable for this position, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]. Deadline is 21st June 2016.
- We will get in touch with those who match the job profile.