What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we’re looking for a Front Desk Agent to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Nairobi.
As a Front Desk Agent you will be reporting directly to the Front Desk Supervisor and below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Greets all guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner and attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity
- Registers and rooms all arrivals according to established procedures
- Maintains intimate knowledge of departmental standards and procedures
- Performs check in, check out and room change procedures and ensures all data are entered completely into the hotel systems in accordance with reservation
- Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received
- Cashes hotel guest’s personal and travelers checks and assists with currency exchange
- Keeps abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible and attends to guest’s request of using the service of safety box at all times
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures, for programs such as; Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and Intercontinental Hotels Group Loyalty programs.
- Attends to guest’s complaints, inquiries and requests, referees problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Is familiar with other Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts so that guest indicating any next destination on the registration card can be “sold” an onward booking to another InterContinental Hotels
- Does everything possible to ensure that the guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of hotel service
- Performs the audit balances and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion
- When on night shift, checks night report, prepare the morning report and prepare all necessary forms for the guest arrival
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures including correct forms to use, how to read telex, e-mail, messages, and how to interpret availability sources within the reservation systems
- Maintains exemplary deportment standards of behavior and appearance and attitude as expected in an IHG Brand
- Takes personal interest and pride to ensure that the front desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state all times.
- Endeavors to maintain the high standards of the hotel with particular regard to the importance of IHG Loyalty Program member and other VIP’s and with reference to hotel and to be a health or safety hazard
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Hotel Management or any related field is required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written Arabic & English.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- Professional attitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective conflict management and decision-making.
- Previous experience in customer service is an asset.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
- Administrative skills.
- Time management skills.
Requisition ID: NAI000468
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here