Job Title: Front Desk Officer/ Executive Assistant
Organization: Windle Trust Uganda (WTU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer/ Executive Assistant provides office and clerical support to assist with the efficient operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reception and Front desk management:
- Receive and attend to all WTU visitors.
- Relay information to management
- Keep telephone records in an accountable manner
- Receive and distribute appropriately all incoming documents
- Prepare, dispatch and ensure safe delivery of all out going documents
- In charge of the preparation /collection of parcels
- Ensure post office box checked on a regular basis
- Preparation of draft letters as and when instructed
- Preparation of monthly staff reporting register
- Assist staff with photocopying, filing and binding
Record Keeping/ Updates and Follow up:
- Keep proper records and updates on all staff records, contacts.
- Ensure all documentation are filled in an easily retrievable manner
- Securely manage the archive to ensure easy future references.
Office Management Supervision and Cleanliness:
- Work in hand with Office Cleaner to ensure its clean at all times.
- Ensure that the entire office compound is clean.
- Prepare on time payments for office bills
- Order and receive office supplies
- Handle office petty cash and account for it in a proper manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle Trust Uganda Front Desk Officer/ Executive Assistant career opportunity must hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or an equivalent.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in office software (MS Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of integrity and commitment.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed curriculum vitae, , current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references addressed to:
Human Resource Manager,
Windle Trust Uganda,
Plot 726, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill,
- O. Box 24230 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 6th January 2017