Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: Muni University
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Job Reference: Muni ADVERT ADM 6.1/2016
Muni University is a Public university established by the Uganda Government by Statutory Instrument, 2013 No. 31, in accordance with the Universities & Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2006 as amended. Muni University campus is located in Arua District, 3Km South of Arua town in North-Western Uganda.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will be in charge of organizing and administering the auxiliary duties of the Front Desk Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and guides clients to the relevant offices.
- The incumbent receives telephone calls and provide required information or direct the call to the right office.
- Updates and maintains records of visitors and provide relevant basic information.
- Receives and disseminates correspondences, mails and other information to the relevant offices.
- Attends to internal and external customers of the University and in particular answer to inquiries and provide appropriate information.
- Provides good customer care service
Key Performance Indicators:
- Clients received and guided to the relevant offices.
- Telephone calls received and required information provided.
- Front Desk records maintained.
- Correspondences, mails and other information received and disseminated.
- Good customer relations maintained.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should at least hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a certificate in Customer Care or Secretarial Studies is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ working experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The applicant should be a person with high integrity
- Computer literacy skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidate should send their hand written or typed applications in triplicate to the Office of University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, Plot. 2 Independence Road, Uganda.
Please conform to these rules for a successful application;
- The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
- Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and Academic Documents, plus three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV.
- The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees.
- Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
Deadline: 4th March, 2016