Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organisation: Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda)
Reports to: HRO Welfare
Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda) is a wholly-owned government company which is the leading provider of a wide range of postal, logistical, IT and financial services in Uganda with international links to all major postal administrations worldwide.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will support the organization in managing the General Post Office GPO front desk efficiently and effectively
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and route all mails/documents and any other items received at the reception
• Receive, register and monitor all visitors/clients that go through the reception
• Direct all incoming and outgoing clients and customers to the respective offices
• The incumbent will cordially answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s inquiries
• Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
• Record and control inventory relevant to reception area
• Ensure tidiness of the reception area and maintain the visibility of the Organization.
• Maintain security awareness for all clients/visitors and the general public
• Perform any other duties as may be directed by the HRO Welfare.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants for the Front Desk Officer vacancy should hold a bachelor’s degree in either Communication, Business Studies or Office Management from a recognized university
• A minimum of two years of post-qualification relevant experience in a similar undertaking from a busy and reputable organization preferably in the service sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good customer service skills
• Skills in information management
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Stress tolerance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CVs and certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates to:
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration,
P.O. Box 7106 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 11th September, 2015
NB: Candidates who do not receive feedback within a month’s time from the deadline should consider their applications