Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Human Resource & Administration
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will carry out front office management in order to enhance the corporate image of the Company, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all visitors get approval from the respective officers they intend to visit, in accordance with Company policy, in order to minimize interruption of work.
- Direct all visitors to respective offices as requested.
- Receive letters, documents and parcels on behalf of their addressees and formally acknowledge receipt thereof, in accordance with Company policy.
- Receive and direct external calls terminated on the switchboard to respective managers and staff.
- Take and deliver messages as and when necessary or required.
- The incumbent will answer customer queries, as well as respond to calls from customers on NHCCL products, as the first sales point.
- Distribute marketing materials to visitors as requested.
- At all times, maintain a high-class positive corporate image to all people she/he interfaces with.
- Keep an attractive, neat and clean front desk area
- Ensure that security checks are adhered to by all people coming in and report any suspecting persons/items.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by relevant authority from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Front Desk Officer job opportunity must hold a good Degree in Business or Secretarial Studies, or a closely related and relevant discipline, from a recognized University. In addition, a Diploma, or equivalent, in Front Office Management, or a related field, from a recognized Institution, shall be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience as a Front Desk Officer, Receptionist, or in a similar position, in a large, busy and reputable organization.
- Proven knowledge and skills in computer use (especially application of Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as good knowledge and skills in operation of electronic switchboard systems, are a must.
- Hospitable and possesses good public relations, time management and stress management skills.
- Proven negotiation and communication skills.
- Results-oriented, customer-focused, friendly and pleasant.
- Proven good record-keeping and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills, as well as a team-player.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good coordination and networking skills.
- Honesty, ethics and integrity.
- A confident, articulate, respectful, helpful and reliable personality.
- Ability to work effectively for long hours and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Age: Below 40 years
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Front Desk Officer and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials & three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 659, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 13th June 2017 by 4:00 pm