FRONT DESK OFFICER
Please Note: “Due to unforeseen circumstances, this position is being re-advertised. If you had applied in response to the previous advert, you are encouraged to re-submit your application.
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Front Desk Officer. The position will be based in Kigali and reporting to the Administration Manager.
Purpose of the position:
The Front Desk Office is usually the first point of contact, either visually or via audio, for anyone trying to contact WVR. It is therefore critical that the Front Desk Officer manages the reception efficiently and professionally and maintain a high standard of customer service delivery to internal and external clients.
The purpose of this position is to provide front-Desk services for World Vision Rwanda, operate the switchboard in an efficient manner and receive and screen calls in a professional and proactive manner.
The major responsibilities include:
• Manage the Telephone Operation system by ensuring effective and efficient communication in and out of the Office
• Carryout analysis of telephone calls and costs, and administration tracking on a regular basis and provide information which assists management in making appropriate decisions on cost management & efficiency.
• Ensure organizational image and values are upheld through the provision of high standard customer care.
• Coordinate the receipt of mails from courier companies and other delivery mechanisms and channeling these to the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
• Drafting all correspondences related to Administration department to the external service providers for the manager’s further action.
• Ensure that the maintenance schedule of the switchboard system is adhered to notifying the supervisor &service providers immediately of any problems with the telephone lines or with the operating system.
• Coordinate staff travel air ticket bookings with the travel agent and Visas facilitation, and to monitor or track the receipt and payment of all bills from the travel agent.
• Facilitate World Vision Rwanda visitors by arranging their accommodation and transport and by communicating on time in matters related to their coming to Rwanda in line with World Vision mission and core values.
• File and update administration related files and leases/ services contracts as appropriate
• In addition to her/his core duties, the Front Desk Officer may also be requested to perform other tasks that are necessary from time to time when called upon. i.e. this includes and is not limited to standing in as the ND’s Executive Assistant. And any other duties assigned.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Must have a University degree or Higher Diploma in Secretarial studies, Business or Management studies.
• Must have working knowledge of office switchboard systems, preferably system being used by World Vision Rwanda
• Must be proficient in the English Language, both spoken and written.
• Knowledge of French language is an added advantage
• Should have experience of 1 year working in secretarial services
• Should have excellent interpersonal skills
• Should be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and other software packages
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 7th September 2015; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.