Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Organisation: Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
The Government of Uganda established the Financial Intelligence Authority and a Financial Intelligence Authority Board under the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2013 is for the prohibition and prevention of money laundering, in order to combat money laundering activities.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for the Authority providing front desk courteous services to all visitors and administrative services across the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or over the telephone, ensure all calls are directed to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
- Record messages, information requests and contact details accurately.
- Ensure the delivery of all information received including contact details are forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
- The incumbent will direct all visitors to the necessary offices or person to be seen.
- Maintain security by ensuring all visitors to the Authority follow the visitor’s security procedures as guided by the HR manual; monitor logbooks, and issue visitor badges on signing in and ensure the signing out procedure is adhered to.
- Handle all requests within personal expertise limit and refer to the appropriate member of staff.
- Process courier deliveries and mail , ensure all courier packages are securely delivered to the correct person.(apply receipt acknowledgement stamp on delivery)
- Ensure staff members are provided with swift and professional administrative support services in a timely manner. (Including conference bookings, scheduling meetings).
- Ensure that all office equipment (e.g. the photocopier) is in good working order at all times and communicate any faulty equipment to the IT or Administration Department to IT or Administration.
- Update all telephone extension lists, fax numbers and details of relevant personnel.
- Comply with the Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines of the HR Department.
- Regularly monitor the use of office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a clean reception area at all times.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Well maintained and managed front desk reception area.
- All incoming and outgoing communication handled with maximum efficiency and professionalism and in a timely manner.
- Reception security measures adhered to for all guests/visitors coming in and out of the Authority according to the HR Manual.
- Professional administrative support provided to all staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA) Front Desk Receptionist job placement should hold a Diploma in Business Administration /Customer Relations or Certificate in Receptionist studies, Office Management, Records Management or any other related field.
- A minimum of three years’ demonstrated work experience in a Receptionist position /Administrative role, or any other related field working in a private or public organisation.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Authority’s vision, mission and objectives ;
- Approachable and demonstrates professionalism;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits professionalism and sound judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good customer service skills;
- Adapts well in a new environment;
- Works well under pressure;
- Ability to multitask ;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Works well independently and as part of a team;
- Time and task management skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- Personal of high Integrity;
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications addressed and delivered to:
Manager Human Resource,
Financial Intelligence Authority,
4th Floor Rwenzori Towers (Wing b), Plot 6 Nakasero Road,
P.O Box 9853, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 31st January, 2017 by 5.00pm