This International Company based in Nairobi are looking for an Experienced Front Line Manager for their large factory to work closely with process managers. An Engineering-Science background is required with strong experience in Management. In depth knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures, particularly with respect to safety, output, quality, security and housekeeping a must.
• Lead, control and coordinate the activities of the line, area and equipment to ensure that the relevant activities, products or services are planned, processed and delivered to specified standards, SLA’s, within budget and target KPI’s.
• Empower the cell teams to have the ability and commitments to achieve KPI’s and resolve issues within the cell through coaching, training and effective delegation.
• Drive through performance improvements to support Quality, Cost and Delivery targets.
• Champion and facilitate the adoption and integration of lean manufacturing and best practice techniques to secure performance improvements and business unit efficiency.
• Ensure the effective utilisation and cost optimisation of all resources within the area.
• Technical Manager and point of contact for internal and external customers.
• Support the Process Manager in the development of strategic plans for the area.
• Proactively plan and engage with other departments/areas to ensure a collaborative approach and effective resolution of issues.
• Provide point of escalation from the cell leaders for people, process, technical and resource issues.
• Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in Engineering or Science.
• In depth knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures, particularly with respect to safety, output, quality, security and housekeeping.
• Understanding of and ability to communicate World Class Manufacturing techniques including Lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, SMED, 5S, VSM, KANBAN, KAIZAN etc.
• Knowledge and experience regarding the application of structured problem solving methods.
• Knowledge and experience of HR processes, (recruitment, absence management, performance management, grievance, disciplinary etc.), able to promote good employee relations.
• Track record as change agent and of implementing best practice.
• Good understanding of budgetary controls and variance analysis within an operational environment.
• Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop people and work within a team environment with a proven track record of leading multi disciplinary teams.