Job Title: Front Office Assistant
Organisation: AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Req No: 2016-5698
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. Aids Health Care Foundation is registered in Uganda as Aids Health Care Foundation – Uganda Cares (AHF-UC) which is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to-date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Serere, Hoima and Tororo supporting 32 clinic sites country wide.
Job Summary: The Front Office Assistant will provide administrative support to the AHF Kampala Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming calls and visitors as appropriate and directs them to the relevant offices
- Provides requested information and takes messages to appropriate contacts
- Ensure that the reception area is maintained in clean and pleasant conditions and properly organized
- Receives, records and signs for mails and packages brought in and pass them on appropriately
- Schedules appointments and cancels meetings and appointments as requested in a timely manner
- Keeps records of documents in a retrievable manner according to AHF guidelines
- Creates and maintains a filing system in an organized manner
- Keeps a calendar of key organizational events and keeps track of them with relevant officers
- Assist in the maintenance of all office equipment and report any malfunctioning
- Copy correspondence and other documents
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by the relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the AHF Front Office Assistant – job opportunity must hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Public Relations, Hotel Management and Tourism
- Previous one year hands on in office administration and clerical experience required
- Excellent note taking and typing skills required
- Must be polished/well groomed, customer service oriented with pleasant personality
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking
- Capability of report writing, prompt and effective communication, customer service skills are ideal.
- Good Mathematical Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues
- Ability to prepare reports and work within multi-cultural team
- Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the web link below.