Front Office Cashier
This position is one of the most important functions in the health care delivery system and the first point where contact is made personally or by telephone.
The person will receive the patient and direct them to the services needed.
Making appointments and making preliminary assessment category of payment for patients and receiving payments before provider can see them.
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Register all patients per registration protocols an collect all documentation.
- Generate route slips for each patient, and assure that all services provided have been checked out properly.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects payments prior to the patient being seen by the provider. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected (Receives cash or cheque or completes credit-card charge transactions)
- Counts money to verify amounts and issues receipts for funds received.
- Compares totals on cash register with amount of currency in register to verify balances.
- Endorses checks and lists and totals cash and checks for bank deposit.
- Prepares bank deposit slips.
- Work closely with Medical, Dental and Nursing staff to assure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
- Work closely with the health promotion personnel and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up.
- Diploma in Business Management or related field
- CPA II Mandatory
- Minimum of two years’ working experience in similar role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Friendly personality with the desire to work and interact with patients.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.
- Good Communication skills
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 11th September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Front Office-Cashier’ Our client is an equal opportunity Employer