Systems Admin Jobs At Human Asset In Kenya
Job Title : IT Administrator & Golf office Assistant
Department : Admin/ Golf office
Reports to : General Manager
Function Liaisons: Golf Administrator, Heads of Departments & all computers users
Systems Admin Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Being in the systems to ensure that all systems are running properly.
- Develop and continuously update Sigona Golf Club IT Policy.
- Ensuring all the Club’s income is captured by the point of sale (PoS) system and making sure that appropriate taxes are levied namely:VAT – 16%, Catering Levy – 2%
- Ensuring necessary reports are generated from the PoS. The reports should be accurate and they must be presented to the necessary management staff.
- Such reports include: Sales mix, Product movement
- Ensuring all the posting to the PoS are correct and making sure regularly continuous audit of the data captured against source document.
- Work with approved suppliers in the installation of new I.T./Communication systems to ensure that contractual agreements are adhered to including the installation of any new software.
- Maintain inventory of all IT equipment in the Club, organize and schedule preventive maintenance for all IT equipment. Preparing annual replacement/upgrade schedule of all I.T./ Communication resources.
- Manage third party service providers such as e-mail/internet service providers, hardware and software suppliers, etc to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Take custody of all computer software and ensure compliance to legal requirements such as licensing, etc
- Identify computer users training needs in view of any system, and prepare and implement a training program that will ensure they have sufficient computer literacy skills to execute their duties efficiently.
- Maintaining system log, updating it on a daily basis. Analyze and review the system log with the Club Accountant and come up with permanent solutions to frequent problems.
- Training and assisting staff in using hardware & software efficiently.
- Develop a Disaster recovery program and implement including regular computer systems backups. Performing backups of all Clubs’ computers and servers, making sure you maintain backups on a weekly and monthly basis and ensuring that backups are sent off site as necessary.
- Making sure all computers in the network have virus protection software, Microsoft Windows patches & upgrades are up-to-date. This includes cleaning any viruses that infect Clubs’ computers.
- Provide on-going systems administration support including systems integrity and security as per Sigona Golf Club security policy, basic network administration, interfacing, emails management, user accounts management etc
- Provide first level technical/support services including trouble shooting when systems fail, basic hardware maintenance, etc
- Provide technical support in preparation of departmental reports, budget preparation, creating basic databases/interfaces, etc
- Coordinate and supervise data preparation ensuring timely processing and efficient workflow.
- Assist in preparing Management reports in different forms like PowerPoint presentations.
- Managing and maintaining Sigona Golf Club Members Database and generating various reports for both Management and Committees. Also generating ad hoc reports from the database.
- Actively involved in any system implementation and ensuring that all systems are properly documented.
- Managing Clubs’ PABX reporting problems to relevant parties.
- Installing and testing new hardware, software systems, patches, etc before implementation.
- Support Clubs’ LAN (both Structured Cabling & Wireless networks) , WAN & Internet system ensuring network, hardware & software components are working.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all systems users & perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. This includes supervising other network support & Client Server specialists, plan, coordinate & implement network security measures.
- Maintain logs related to network functions as well as maintenance & repair records.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair & replacement.
- Design, configure & test computer hardware, networking software & operating system before implementation of any system.
- Gather data pertaining to users needs, & use the information to identify, predict, interpret & evaluate system and network requirements.
- Maintain & administer computer networks & related computing environments including computer hardware, system software, applications software & all configurations.
- Provide input into IT strategy plan, annual budget & IT acceptable use policy development.
- Communicate effectively with all project participants (internal Club staff, contractors, Management, & relevant Committee Members).
- Keep abreast of latest technological developments and make recommendations to management, taking into consideration the Club’s requirements and budgetary constraints. Ensuring all recommendations done is in alignment to the Club’s and I.T. long-term strategy.
To ensure that the Club’s public address system both at the main and James Gichuru Lounges are functioning properly and to report promptly to the General Manager’s Office when repairs are needed.
- To ensure the club website is well managed and fully and regularly updated i.e uploading of draws, weekly schedules, upcoming events, members statements download, newsletter and other requisite website updates
- To assist the golf administrator/ assist in other golf office duties in liaison with the golf administrator and as may be assigned from time to time
Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned by management from time to time as the need arises.
How to Apply
Applicants Should send their CV to [email protected]