JOB DESCRIPTION – Technician Trainer
- Reports to: Systems & Process Manager
- Location: Distribution Centre
- Purpose: As BBOXX expands, we will be hiring large numbers of Shop Technicians. This requires nearly constant training. The Technician Trainer’s job will be to evaluate and train new Shop Technicians, and conduct refresher trainings for existing Shop Technicians
- Job’s Responsibilities
- Manage the Shop Technician “assessment centre”
- Conduct onboarding training for new Shop Technician recruits
- Conduct regular refresher trainings for Shop Technicians
- Manage training logistics for Shop Technician trainings
- Coach Shop Technicians in the field as needed
- Description of tasks
- Conduct trainings on Intro to BBOXX, Installation, Repossession, and other Shop Technician duties for new recruits—both the initial recruits and those who make it through the first round of the Assessment Centre
- Decide which Technician recruits move forward in the Assessment Centre
- Manage logistics of the Assessment Centres and Technician Trainings, both for new hires and refreshers (venue hire, materials, petty cash, etc)
- Adapt standard training material for the local context
- Administer tests
- Advise the Systems & Process Manager on training needs for Shop Technicians
- Plan and organize refresher trainings
- Manage petty cash during trainings according to the budget
- Coach Shop Technicians in the field, providing real time feedback on installations and repossessions
- Person Specification
We’re looking for a technician with some training ability, not a trainer with some technical ability. You have to be an expert in installations of solar systems, customer education, and repossession. Requirements are:
- 6 months work experience installing and repossessing solar systems. Likely you are already a Shop Technician for BBOXX or an equivalent role for one of our competitors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and execution skills. You have an uncanny ability to make sure things happen in the right way, on time. You don’t let any detail slip by you – if a projector is not compatible with a laptop, you already know it and have a solution. You know who needs to be where at what time, and stay on their case until they do it. Tardiness is never tolerated—in yourself or others.
- Teach and coach effectively. Whether presenting in front of a class, or sitting one-on-one with an individual student, you can help others learn. Even more importantly you can coach others—you don’t just talk well, but can understand what is blocking someone and tailor your teaching to them. Listening skills are important.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations. Whether talking with one person or 20, you can command their attention, involve the learners, and help them understand.
- English – proficient in reading and writing. You don’t have to be 100% fluent, but you will need to translate English-language training materials into the local language.
- A problem-solving, inquisitive attitude. You don’t accept when things don’t work or when you (or someone else) does not understand. Instead, you seek to understand the cause of problems and find solutions. You report problems to managers instead of waiting for them to find out. You ask questions when you don’t understand.
- You deliver and expect the best: At BBOXX we all want to deliver extraordinary work in order to bring the solar revolution. We also expect others to do the same. You should have stories when you over delivered in your career.
Deadline:Wednesday, 15th June, 2016at17.00 hours
How to apply:
- Send your C.V. and cover letter to [email protected]
- Must put the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do this, your application shall not be considered.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.