Vacancy: Front Office Manager
Company Description: A full suite hotel located in Nairobi
Job Overview: Reporting to the General Manager, the Front Office Manager is in charge of reservations, reception and guest relations.
To be responsible for welcoming guests and handling any complaints.
In doing so, he or she:
Supervises reservations and the allocation of bedrooms with the Executive Housekeeper
Monitors the customer accounts and till accounts
Applies and ensures the application of the sales/revenue strategy to maximise occupancy and average room rate
Co-ordinates the reception team, organising its work and schedules
- To monitor the quality of welcome extended to guests
- To recruit, train and motivate the members of the his or her team
- To ensure that all hotel standards and procedures are applied
- To manage daily billing and payments
- Revenue/Room Rate Management
- To take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
- To be fully aware of departmental budgeted and actual payroll costs and manage by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- Use of Windows
- Very familiar with use of Micros Fidelio System
- The ability to train and motivate a team
- The ability to be available to work nights, weekends or public holidays
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Self-control: handling complaints
- Good relationship skills
- Team leadership
- Good memory: remembering guests
- Taking the initiative
- College education/Diploma in Hotel or Tourism studies
- 4 years’ experience of reception
- Fluent in English
- Good general level of education
- Significant experience in using Fidelio
Job Type: Full Time
How to Apply
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “FOM 1827″, Your Full name & Phone number.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793