Job Title: Front Office Manager
Reports to: Hotel Manager.
Job Location: Based in Uganda.
Compensation: Competitive Compensation.
Position Summary: The Front Office Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
The Front Office Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office, implements and enforces the Hay Adams Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Undertake full responsibility for Scheduling and Payroll of the department.
- Undertake full responsibility for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department
- Set Front Office Budget, monitor Profit & Loss and cash handling throughout the year. Supervise Upsell program at the Front Office and work as part of the Yield Management team to try and maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Coordinate daily activities with hotel management team on a daily basis.
- Hold monthly department meetings keeping staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing Standards of Excellence and promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This position is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team.
- Responsible for supervision and training of all Front Office employees including but not limited to Assistant Front Office Managers, Management Trainees, Concierge, Bell and Door staff, Night Manager, Night Auditor and Lobby Ambassador.
Education & Experience requirement:
- High School diploma, general education degree or international equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- 3 Years related working experience.
- Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a luxury property required. Previous customer service and general computer experience required.
- Property Management Software experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to speak, read and write clearly.
- Must be able to listen to, read and/or write instructions, memos, short correspondences and messages.
- Second language preferred.
How to Apply
Please note that only candidates submitting a complete CV/resume and cover letter will be considered.
Candidates should apply at: http://career.nftconsult.com/index.php?m=careers&p=showJob&ID=1582
Starting date is as soon as possible and as such the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants are highly encouraged to apply ASAP.
Successful Candidates :
Should be willing to relocate to Uganda.
They should also have a valid passport.
Having a work permit to work in Uganda is an added advantage but not necessary.