Job Title: Front Office Receptionist
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: To effectively supervise front desk operations, ensuring adequate cover and consistent and efficient customer service is provided in a busy town hotel.Indicators of Good Performance on the job
- To ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times.
- To complete all relevant procedures as laid down.
- Front office adequately covered at all times
- Accurate and timely reports
- Guest complaints kept within set standards/ to a minimum
- To be fully conversant with special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises.
- To promote the other departments within the hotel at every given opportunity in order to maximize hotel sales.
- To make sure that all reservations have the correct deposit taken.
- To ensure that all confirmations are sent out by the end of the shift.
- To be aware of the hotel availability and that every opportunity to maximise room sales is taken.
- Provide a hospitable service to the standards laid down by the hotel.
- To offer assistance to other departments, including Bar, Restaurant, Spa and Housekeeping whenever you are needed.
- Whenever possible to anticipate guests’ needs, to be aware of all written and spoken requests, to carry out these requests in a courteous and helpful manner.
- To be fully conversant and able to operate the hotel’s front office systems.
- To ensure that all charges are correctly posted to the guests bills following the standard procedures.
- To deal with cash, cheque and credit transactions and to ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible.
- To carry out all Reception duties following procedures as outlined in the S.O.P. Manual.
- To ensure the security of guests property, and lost property following security procedures.
- To ensure the correct levels of stationery are maintained at the reception.
- To arrive for work at the correct time and to ensure your appearance follows the hotels set standards.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Diploma in front desk operations from Kenya Utalii college or equivalent
- 3 years experience in front office operations
- Work planning and organization skills
- Strong supervisory and discipline skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Public relations skills
How to Apply
Email to: [email protected]