Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP will work in close collaboration with the Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) to implement a program on Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Masaka region (Gomba, Butambala, Sembabule and Mpigi districts). In addition, MJAP is anticipating a sub-award grant for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder receives visitors, mails and any other messages, distributes and relays them to the concerned people as soon as they are received.
- Offers administrative support and secretarial services to the Program Manager and the Administrator to effectively execute their day to day duties to facilitate effective and smooth operations of the program.
- Tasked with distributing file copies of program management meeting minutes and filing of all program documents in appropriate files.
- Initiates requisitions for monthly payments of program utility bills.
- Assists the Administration officer in organizing logistics for trainings and workshops by making bookings of hotels/venues for meetings/workshops
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) Front Desk Officer should preferably hold a Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, or its equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ working experience in a reputable organization.
- Additional training in HIV/AIDS care is added advantage
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Excel spreadsheets, word processing, data entry experience, and internet applications
- Good team player with excellent Interpersonal, communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) via Email to: [email protected]
NB: Please indicate the position and region you’re applying for in the subject. Your attachments should not exceed 5MB.
Deadline: 17th May 2017 by 5:00pm