Our client is a chain of outpatient Medical Centers offering affordable quality outpatient services. They are expanding rapidly and are in the process of raising financing to expand through the rest of Nairobi, Kenya and to begin East African. In light of this expansion, they seek to hire a qualified and well experienced Investment Manager to manage their investment processes from start to close.
Salary: Competitive based on Experience
The successful candidate will work with the company’s co-founders and will be responsible for ensuring the processes are successful. He/She will research on their expansion plans, build their financial model and investor pack, target investors and support the Director in the fundraising and negotiation process as well as manage the entire investment process, including due diligence, working with early investors, and legals.
Fundraising and Investment Manager Job Responsibilities
- Understand the ins and outs of the company, its business model, operations and strategic vision
- Complete all the research needed to prepare for the fundraise including data to support their next phase of expansion through Uganda and Tanzania, research on other verticals in healthcare, the trends of the market, competitive information, relevant investment benchmarks, etc.
- Meet with industry leaders to collect data, benchmarks and strategic input to our plan
- Work with the Directors to craft a clear and compelling description of the growth plan and investment opportunity
- Manage the fundraising process including updating investors, following up with all investors, negotiation, and responding to questions
- Manage the investment process including all conversations with early investors, due diligence, KYC, corporate secretary, legal documents and disbursement
- Proactively identify, communicate and solve obstacles that come up on your own.
- Handle all the details that come up in the process of fundraising
Qualifications for the Fundraising and Investment Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business Administration or related field of study
- Proven experience of having created great financial models and investor presentations before
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience. Those with experience in Consulting or Investment are highly encouraged to apply
- Have great organizational skills. Be the type of person that relies on a system, not memory to manage all your work streams.
- Ability to work independently, manage yourself and your work. You’ll be leading the company’s processes with little oversight
- Take feedback and criticism of work really well, without defensiveness
- Good at strategy formulation
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Fundraising & Investment Manager ) to [email protected] before Wednesday, 28th June 201
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.