Alumni and Communication Officer
Future First Kenya is a recently established non-profit organization working to turn schools into communities around the world.
We run awareness campaigns, develop resources for schools, and advice governments, alumni networks and NGOs on how to mobilise their former students.
Alumni are a huge, and largely untapped, resource for schools globally to identify career and educational role models, work experience providers, mentors, school governors and more, in order to support young people in the transition from education to employment.
Our mission is that schools everywhere are supported by their former students. Rather than become a programmatic organisation, we conduct consultancy, research, best practice exchange, campaigning, advocacy and training.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Alumni & Communication Officer for a fixed term of one year starting May 2016.
- To support the Programme Manager and Director with communication required to effectively represent Future First Kenya
- Execute media strategy across all media.
- Lead on-line communications with specific audience
- Writing, editing and designing engaging communications to send out to alumni & Alumni groups.
- To support with the dissemination of research commissioned by funders and national Governments into how alumni communities could support different education systems;
- Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities
- To help develop, adapt and translate Future First Global’s training and best practice materials.
- Building strong working relationships with participating alumni associations & schools
- Facilitating meet ups, careers events and other activities involving alumni & students
- Maintaining regular contact with alumni association via email and phone; ensuring that they have the support, materials and practical help that they need to make the most of their alumni network
- Initiating recruitment of alumni Association to the network through social media and local community outreach
- Finding innovative ways to help alumni Association to actively to get involved in their alumni networks.
- Managing the alumni volunteer experience by engaging alumni by phone, email and social media encouraging them to join activities within the school, preparing them in advance of their attendance and ensuring they feel supported on the day.
- Keeping accurate records of events involving alumni.
We understand that candidates may not tick all the boxes we are looking for.
We need Someone who ‘gets’ what we are doing and has done enough comparable work to a high Enough standard to convince us that they can add significant value to this organisation.
The rest is less important.
Ideally, we would look for someone with:
- Strong Communications, event planning experience.
- A good grasp of technology and/or social media.
- Excellent writing and research skills – the ability to grasp problems, formulate ideas; find answers and present documents quickly with a high attention to detail.
- Experience of, or insight into, working with schools and/or young people;
- The independence and confidence to make decisions and contribute new ideas;
- Interest and understanding of international education, social action trends and
- varying global education systems;
Start date = 15th st May 2016 (One Year fixed contract)
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the job title in the subject line as a reference
Application Deadline = 5 PM on 30th April 2016
More information about Future First: www.futurefirstglobal.org