The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state-owned company with the mandate to among others, fast track the development of geothermal resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission of developing 5000Mw from geothermal resources by 2030.
Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
Out of the 409Mw of steam, 320 Mw has been converted into electricity to achieve the Company’s objectives.
GDC’s Board of Directors is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are strategic thinkers, team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
Overall Purpose: The Company Secretary will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO to provide guidance on the day to day management of the company including compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Act as Legal advisor to the Managing Director and the Board on legal and corporate communications matters affecting the Company:
- Provide company secretarial services to the Company:
- Participate in the formulation and development of the Company’s Strategic Plan:
- Monitor all aspects of the
- Board Secretariat Department
- Insurance Department:
- Legal Services Department and
- Corporate Communications Department with the aim of developing a robust and facilitative legal and regulatory framework for enhancing organizational effectiveness and improving the Company’s image:
- Provide advice on good corporate governance practices:
- Attend Board meetings, take minutes of proceedings and disseminate the decisions of the Board of Directors to relevant Divisional heads for implementation:
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices.
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness
- Develop and implement the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time
Key Qualifications & Experience (Mandatory):
- Master’s degree in e relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Be a holder of CPS (K)
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Membership to relevant professional body – LSK & ICPS (K)
- At least Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position five (S) of which must be in a managerial/senior position.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in determining and handling Company Secretarial duties, Legal Services, and Corporate Communications issues:
- Demonstrated expertise in Board and Legal matters and an understanding of corporate communication matters:
- Well-developed, written and verbal, communication and interpersonal skills:
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way:
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiations skills:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Terms of service and remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
How to Apply
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification