The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state-owned company with the mandate to among others, fast track the development of geothermal resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission of developing 5000Mw from geothermal resources by 2030.
Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
Out of the 409Mw of steam, 320 Mw has been converted into electricity to achieve the Company’s objectives.
GDC’s Board of Directors is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are strategic thinkers, team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
General Manager – Drilling & Infrastructure
Overall Purpose: The General Manager – Drilling and Infrastructure will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO in overseeing the drilling services’ and infrastructure functions and ensure the geothermal wells are drilled successfully, safely, within the planned time: and proper infrastructure in all the projects area as required.
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale to large-scale civil and engineering works including but not limited to construct ion of buildings, roads and well pads.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient drilling, work-over and completion operations on all GDC operated and contracted rigs:
- Provide technical support and leads Drilling Operations, Equipment Maintenance, Planning & Logistics and Infrastructure teams for smooth operations:
- Oversee and manage GDC drilling and related projects including monitoring of drilling operations services providers in accordance with company authorized and agreed project objectives including but not limited safety, schedule, scope, quality and budget:
- Coordinate internal resources arid third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility:
- Manage & evaluate GDC’s project in terms of scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques:
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Efficient budget management including coordination of all procurement and logistics for Drilling & Infrastructure development:
- Manage heavy duty equipment in a project site such as Cranes, Excavators, Compressors among others:
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results, to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices;
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes:
- Coordinate and ensure understanding of the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders:
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Key Qualifications & Experience (Mandatory):
- Master’s degree in a relevant field:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related fields from a recognized university
- Competencies in Drilling Engineering, Well Services and Operations Standards, Rig Pass Courses among others:
- Member of the Engineering Board of Kenya or any other relevant professional body:
- At least Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position five (5) of which must be in a managerial position.
- Drilling and Civil Engineering skills:
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or equivalent
- High level of integrity, ethics and self-discipline:
- Research, analytical and report writing skills:
- Communication skills:
- Negotiation skills:
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
Terms of service and remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
How to Apply
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification