The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state-owned company with the mandate to among others, fast track the development of geothermal resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission of developing 5000Mw from geothermal resources by 2030.
Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
Out of the 409Mw of steam, 320 Mw has been converted into electricity to achieve the Company’s objectives.
GDC’s Board of Directors is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are strategic thinkers, team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
General Manager – Finance
Overall Purpose: The General Manager – Finance will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO to provide technical and professional leadership in financial planning, accounting as well as Information, Communication & Technology management
- Develop and install sound accounting and financial management including procurement systems and procedures aimed at improving financial performance and effective control and custody of the company’s assets:
- Advise the Managing Director & CEO on all financial matters affecting the company
- Ensure compliance with tax, financial and other reporting and other statutory requirements:
- Develop financial models on tariffs and pricing strategies for the company’s steam and drive all business development initiatives:
- Ensure proper and timely coordination f the company’s budget, compilation of the company’s annual budget:
- Monitoring & Evaluation of Company’s financial performance:
- Ensure appropriate modern and reliable Information Communication & Technology operations are in place to support company operations.
- Provide professional leadership in the development and implementation of Financial and Corporate plans and budgets in order to ensure efficient and cost effective provision of services;
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices:
- Coordinate and ensure understanding of the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders:
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Qualifications & Experience (Mandatory):
- Masters degree in a relevant field:
- Bachelors degree in Business Studies or its equivalent from a recognized university:
- Full professional qualifications in Finance such as CPA, ACÁ, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent and membership to relevant professional bodies:
- At least Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position five (5) of which must be in a managerial/senior position,
- Considerable knowledge of economics, financial & management accounting:
- Comprehensive knowledge of international accounting standards including financial forecasting and monitoring of budgets:
- High level of integrity, ethics and self-discipline:
- Research and analytical skills:
- Strong administrative and business acumen:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in building and sustaining relationships with a particular focus on the integration and leading as well as being a part of a team:
- Strong commitment to the principles underpinning good governance and sound financial management:
- Excellent decision making skills:
- Team Leadership and supervisory skills:
- Planning and organizational skills.
Terms of service and remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
How to Apply
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification