The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state-owned company with the mandate to among others, fast track the development of geothermal resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission of developing 5000Mw from geothermal resources by 2030.
Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
Out of the 409Mw of steam, 320 Mw has been converted into electricity to achieve the Company’s objectives.
GDC’s Board of Directors is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are strategic thinkers, team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
General Manager – Human Resource & Administration
Overall Purpose: The General Manager- Human Resource will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO for the provision of strategic leadership and advise on human resource management matters: formulate and articulate the Human Resource & Administration Strategies, Policies, Rules, Regulations and Standards for Human Resource Management that are integrated with the Company’s Strategic Plan and reinforce appropriate Human Capital Management reforms that are in tandem with best global market practice.
- Develop/review all Human Resources and Administration policies, standards and strategies:
- Develop/implement secure, reliable and efficient procedures and staff capacity to meet the needs of GDC’s business plan:
- Provide professional leadership in the development arid implementation of human resource and administration plans and budgets in performance management in order to ensure efficient and cost effective provision of services:
- Maintain effective communication between staff of all cadres to provide the right working environment for achievement of the Company’s goals:
- Ensure that the Company has the right staff in terms of skills mix and numbers and that they are motivated for maximum productivity:
- Ensure that the Company has in place an internally equitable and externally competitive remuneration package
- Ensure compliance with good human resource practices, labour laws and good labour relations with the trade union:
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of customer services both at the front office (reception), hospitality (kitchen), messengerial (mail) and telephone operations
- Ensure proper and professional management of contracts of outsourced services relevant to administrative duties
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Company’s employee performance management systems;
- Coordinate and ensure understanding of the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders:
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time
Key Qualifications & Experience (Mandatory):
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university
- Holder of a post graduate degree in Human Resources Management or its equivalent
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource or its equivalent.
- At east Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position five (5) of which must be in a managerial position
- In depth knowledge of human resources and administration policies, systems and procedures:
- Ability to lead staff, including training and conflict management skills:
- High level of Integrity, ethics and self-discipline:
- Strong administrative arid business acumen.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in building and sustaining relationships with a particular focus on the integration and lead ng as well as being a part of a team:
- Strong commitment to the principles underpinning good governance and sound financial management:
- Excellent decision making skills:
- Team leadership and supervisory skills;
- Planning and organizational skills.
Terms of service and remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
How to Apply
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box. posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification