The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state-owned company with the mandate to among others, fast track the development of geothermal resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission of developing 5000Mw from geothermal resources by 2030.
Towards this end, GDC has harnessed 409Mw of steam from Olkaria and another 135Mw from its pilot project in Menengai – Nakuru.
Out of the 409Mw of steam, 320 Mw has been converted into electricity to achieve the Company’s objectives.
GDC’s Board of Directors is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are strategic thinkers, team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment.
General Manager, Strategy Research & Innovation
Overall Purpose: The General Manager – Strategy Research and Innovation will be responsible to the Managing Director & CEO for overseeing the conceptualization of geothermal resource projects and drive the strategic aspects of the corporation including management of the Centre of Excellence, Research and Innovation
- Develop a master plan for the Center of Excellence for research and innovation in geothermal industry:
- Efficient & effective management of the Geothermal Center of Excellence including organizing technical training seminars and coordination of local & international conferences:
- Organizing and coordinating local and international Consultancy Services:
- Identify and evaluate organizational risk exposure in all Geothermal Development Company’s projects and activities in order to devise appropriate strategies and methods aimed at reducing potential loss:
- Develop strategies for resource mobilization and drive all business development initiatives:
- Ensure proper and timely coordination of the company’s strategic plans:
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements:
- Provide technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness:
- Provide professional leadership in the development and implementation of Corporate Strategic plans in order to ensure efficient and cost effective provision of services:
- Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices:
- Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes:
- Coordinate and ensure understanding of the Company’s communication strategy and the protection of the GDC brand among its critical stakeholders:
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Key Qualifications & Experience (Mandatory):
- Masters degree in a relevant field
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university
- Member of the Engineering Board of Kenya/ other relevant professional body
- At least Twelve (12) years working experience in a similar position five (5) of which must be in a managerial position.
- Project Management skills:
- Excellent communication & time management skills:
- Research and Innovation skills:
- Ability to create and maintain business networks / relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of geothermal and industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends:
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity, research and innovation.
Terms of service and remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporations guidelines
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA):
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC):
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
How to Apply
Suitably Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelop and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, Kawi House 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
E mail: [email protected]
All applications should be received not later than 500pm on Monday 12th September 2016
GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification