Gender Officer Job in Kenya
Our client an international economic development organization is looking for a Gender Officer for their office in Nairobi. The ideal candidate will take lead in the implementation of the gender strategy intended to support the achievement of the projects outcome for both women SEs and Women Led SMEs.
- Guide project execution to ensure activities are implemented according to company’s gender strategy
• Ensure that gender strategy, guidelines and framework is in place to guide project implementation
• Contributing gender perspectives to the design, implementation & evaluation of project activities
• Create a capacity building plan on gender equality principles for staff and key stakeholders.
• Contribute to improving the business environment for SEs and SMEs.
• Identify & strengthen engagements & collaborations with Kenyan organizations that focus on gender equality
• Collaborating in writing annual work plans and donor reports.
• Contribute to assessing concept notes, grant awards & MOU’s/contracts for SMEs.
• Develop monthly, quarterly & annual implementation plans for gender equality and mainstreaming.
• Ensure that project components & activities implemented are gender sensitive.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Gender & Development Studies.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant working experiences in a NGO focusing on gender issues
• Masters qualifications in Social Sciences or related field will be an absolute advantage.
• Must have Sector experience mainstreaming gender in agriculture/agribusiness, construction.
• Must be able to work comfortably &effectively with people of different national & cultural backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Swahili.
• Willingness to travel 50% of the time to the project areas for project monitoring (within Kenya).
• Must be able to make timely and considered decisions based on analysis of available data.