Our client, an international Renewable Energy company focusing on off-grid solar power, is looking for a General Manager to lead, manage and operate the operations. The company currently has an office in Mombasa, and is planning to expand to Nairobi. She/he should be prepared to head both offices.
• Implement the strategy plan approved by the board.
• Explore & develop new business opportunities & partnerships in close collaboration with the Board.
• Manage day-to-day operations of all team members and deliver reviews.
• Lead and schedule weekly monthly team meetings.
• Manage strategy lifecycle: conceive means & collaterals design & work with cross-functional teams.
• Be responsible for accounting and financial reporting and control.
• Design and manage focused field-based research, trials and pilot projects.
• Make sure all operations are carried out in accordance with national laws, rules and regulations.
• Ensure operations are carried out in accordance with international stds of good business practice.
• Report weekly to the international owners.
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in relevant field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in management and leadership.
• Proven results and experience in financial management.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and reach targets.
• Hardworking, persistent, flexible, and dependable
• English and Swahili fluency.