Co-op Consultancy, on behalf of one of our clients (a new medium sized Sacco in Nairobi) urgently wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced individuals in the following position;
General Manager / Finance Manager
Job Purpose: The position will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the Society’s Operations to ensure business growth as well as overall staff management.
The position will also examine and prepare financial information, records and reports to enable the Sacco run in the most efficient and profitable manner, as well as undertake financial reporting to all stakeholders as required.
The position will also manage Administration and HR related aspects for the Organization.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Reviewing and formulating policies, procedures and practices for SACCO operations
- Directing and supervising the administration and processing of loans
- Ensuring effective management and use of Sacco financial resources and assets.
- Preparation and reporting of timely and accurate financial reports.
- The General Manager will ensure that all statutory deductions are made correctly and that all amounts due and the necessary returns are submitted by the due dates.
- Giving prudent advice to the Sacco.
- Preparing and analyzing on a quarterly basis the society’s business plans and budgets.
- Coordinating external audit exercises and implementing recommendations set forth.
- Representing the Society in business transactions and any other transactions authorized by the Board chairman
- Attending board meetings and AGM in an advisory capacity and implementing the resolutions made.
- Carry out such other duties as prescribed in the By-Laws or directed by the Board.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Full professional qualification in CPA (CPA(K) / ACCA).
- KCSE B and above.
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience, with a successful track record of distinguished leadership in a Sacco or comparable financial institution.
- A diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Combined knowledge in general management/administration as well as accounting.
- Knowledge of national and industry related financial principles.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Proficiency in ICT with excellent MS Office ability.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Age 35 years and above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to send their applications together with their resume’s and testimonials stating their current and expected remuneration, quoting the job reference as the subject header, to [email protected] so as to reach us by (5thOctober 2015) NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.