A diversified Horticultural Company based in Nairobi with 4 farms in the outskirts of Nairobi is seeking to recruit a General Manager to be based in their Nanyuki office with regular farm visit. The ideal candidate MUST have over 10 years working experience, with good knowledge of strategic and financial planning and MUST have excellent horticulture knowledge in East Africa
• Develop farm operations – fields and packhouse.
• To maintain the standard measures of the health and safety among the farm staff and farm area.
• Manage overall costs of production.
• Calculate the financial benefit of the company’s products vs. traditional farming methods and competitors’ products.
• Identify current and future agricultural trends in the agriculture business.
• A good understanding of the agricultural legislation in East Africa.
• Farm visit reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (MSC a plus).
• Must have agriculture knowledge in East Africa.
• Must be a self-starter – able to work independently, as well as in a team.
• Must be culturally flexible.
• Must be willing to work Monday to Saturday.
• Must have experience in agriculture/horticulture.