Our client, a farm based in Southern highlands of Tanzania is looking for a General Manager. The ideal candidate must have prior general fruit experience.
• Responsible for supervising and liaising with the management.
• Oversee day to day production, operations and development.
• Preparation of production and cost budgets for the business.
• Ensure that cordial relations are maintained with local communities and government administration.
• Overseeing the continual development and improvement of fruit quality.
• Overseeing the export process ensuring ‘zero reject’ and ‘zero discounting’ for fruit arriving in Europe.
• Drawing up and managing budgets that articulate the business strategy.
• Controlling the cultivation and harvesting of fruits.
• Evaluating and implementing strategies in pest and disease control.
• The further development of existing management teams.
• Developing a formal system of professional and personal development all staff.
• Maintaining a robust succession planning system, anticipating and mitigating areas of risk.
• A Graduate from a recognized University or College.
• A proven management track record, preferably within the fresh produce sector.
• 5 -10 years agricultural experience with specific reference to production.
• Experience of working in East or Southern Africa.
• Technical horticultural experience is an added advantage.
• Experience of working in rural locations with large numbers of employees is a distinct advantage.
• Computer literacy and good numerical skills.
• Sound business planning ability.
• Organized and structured work style with a clear sense of priorities.
• An adaptive and flexible management style.
• Culturally savvy and sensitive. Astute to internal and external politics.