General Manager – Renewable Energy Job in 2016
Location: Nairobi (with regular travel)
Salary: 350 -450K
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. It is based in Berlin (Germany) and currently has six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa/Asia/America.
To improve on strategy, management and increase profit margins of the E- HUBBS, they are looking to hire a General Manager who will have the overall responsibility of the Kenyan subsidiary, including all human resources, working capital and assets. She/He will be responsible to maximize and grow the profit of the company in the region.
General Manager Job Key Responsibilities:
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors; immediately to the CEO of the holding in case of critical and urgent strategic issues
- Report to third parties (such as strategic investors, joint venture partners or other) after general approval from the CEO of holding.
- Report weekly and monthly about sales and profit performance, E-HUBB implementation update and general activities; report ad hoc as needed
- Represent the company and the holding in the country, in close coordination with the CEO of the holding
- Establish and maintain positive strategic relationships with authorities and business partners, in particular to relevant government bodies on national level
Leadership / Strategy
- Successfully implementing company policy
- Assuming full accountability for the board for all company operations
- Direct the activities and productivity of the organization
- Provide training and guidance
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization
- Assume full responsibility for budgets and tracking expenditures
- Develop, establish and regularly adapt the company’s strategy and business plan in coordination with the department heads and in accordance with the holding strategies and directives
- Lead the further development of the company’s business model and ensure to sustainability and growth of programs and service
- Responsibility of the organization’s strategic alliances and partnerships
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Set strategic priorities for all departments
- When new E-HUBBs are planned to be implemented, initiate the Steering Committee process by coordinating with the Head of Business Development Department at holding level and Operations at holding level about the general approach/direction of expansion
- Take strategic decisions about logistics and expansion, if required
- Make sure all relevant aspects (site potential, logistics, product mix and regional management) are properly taken into consideration in the Steering Committee
Qualifications for General Manager Job
- A university degree in Business Administration, Economics or similar subjects, an MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years work experience, preferable in a renown wholesale/retail company
- Outstanding management skills; ideally proven track record in achieving goals through delegation
- Experience in developing/emerging markets; preferable a high level of intercultural competence
- Highly independent working style; ability to set priorities and highly self-organized; a structured working style
- Dynamic, take initiative to make a difference, outgoing character who is eager to achieve high targets – and be rewarded for that
- Hands-on management style and willingness to spend time outside the office, at times in very remote locations, which may involve long trips on rough roads and basic accommodation conditions
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – Renewable Energy) [email protected] before Friday 22nd July 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th Floor