National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation (NWCPC) is a State Corporation established under the State Corporations Act Chapter 446 of the Laws of Kenya vide Legal Notice 270 of 24th June, 1988.
The Corporation is under the Ministry of Water & Irrigation and home to exciting, inspirational and innovative professionals within the Water Sector in Kenya.
The Corporation recognizes the key role played by its human resource in the execution of its mandate and achievement of set goals and objectives in the development of water infrastructure in the country.
The Corporation offers exciting and challenging career opportunities with attractive and competitive remuneration package to its highly qualified and professional staff.
In the endeavor to execute its mandate, the Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable, self-driven, result oriented and qualified individual of high integrity to fill in the following position:
Job Title: General Manager, Technical Planning & Design
Grade / Scale: NWC 11
Vacancy No.: NWCPC/2015-2016/02
Positions Vacant: 1
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in Civil /Structural Engineering from a recognized University
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognized University
- Registered with Engineers Registration Board of Kenya
- 8 years relevant working experience, 3 of them at a managerial level
- Demonstrated experience in design of large dams
- Demonstrated experience in relevant engineering software
- Computer proficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Directing, coordinating controlling and managing the Corporation’s planning and design functions;
- Developing technical standards and criteria to guide the performance of the various researches, planning and design of infrastructural works;
- Undertaking effective consultation with all key stakeholders at the conceptual and planning stages;
- Developing departmental strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall objectives of the Corporation;
- Taking responsibility for the training, development and motivation of the technical staff;
- Monitoring and evaluating performance by technical staff and consultants;
- Carrying out operations, administration and financial management of the department;
- Preparing and implementing departmental budgets, procurement plans and work-plans;
- Advising the Managing Director and Board on all matters relating to Planning & Design functions.
The position is on a five year, renewable contractual terms
- All the interested applicants must meet the requirements of Leadership and Integrity as set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution, 2010 and should have the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above mentioned requirements for any of the above positions, please send your applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified academic/professional certificates and testimonial, names and contacts of three (3No.) referees stating your day telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address on or before Friday 11th September, 2015. The Managing Director
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation
Dunga Road, Industrial Area
P. O. Box 30173 – 00100 Nairobi Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
National Water Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.